Monday, January 14, 2013

Some birthdays this week, and some quotes:


January 14
Faye Dunaway ('41) "Years are not important, my dear."

LL Cool J ('68) –  "I don't think you should go around talking trash about people because I think that's how you get your hat handed to you."

January 15
Charo (María del Rosario Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza de Rasten) ('41) 
–  “What I don’t like is when somebody copies somebody and just adopt it. Like, their own idea … I can tell you, to me, Lady Gaga is Madonna with diarrhea.” 

January 16
Kate Moss ('74) 
–  "Going to the gym wouldn't be on my list of favorite things to do."

January 17
Michelle Obama ('64) 
–  "I never cut class. I loved getting As, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world." 

Muhammad Ali ('42) –  "Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." 

Betty White ('22) –  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

January 18 
Kevin Costner ('55) –  "I'm a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are our first casualty in life - people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a 'reality.'"

January 19 
Shawn Johnson ("92) –  "After 13 years of hard landings in gymnastics, one ski run had delivered the biggest injury of my career."

Paula Deen ('47) – "Onions and bacon cooking up just makes your kitchen smell so good. In fact, one day I'm going to come up with a room deodorizer that smells like bacon and onions. It's a fabulous smell."

Dolly Parton ('46) –  "I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it."





No comments:

Post a Comment