Monday, January 14, 2013

Some birthdays this week, and some quotes:


January 14
Faye Dunaway ('41) "Years are not important, my dear."

LL Cool J ('68) –  "I don't think you should go around talking trash about people because I think that's how you get your hat handed to you."

January 15
Charo (María del Rosario Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza de Rasten) ('41) 
–  “What I don’t like is when somebody copies somebody and just adopt it. Like, their own idea … I can tell you, to me, Lady Gaga is Madonna with diarrhea.” 

January 16
Kate Moss ('74) 
–  "Going to the gym wouldn't be on my list of favorite things to do."

January 17
Michelle Obama ('64) 
–  "I never cut class. I loved getting As, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world." 

Muhammad Ali ('42) –  "Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." 

Betty White ('22) –  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

January 18 
Kevin Costner ('55) –  "I'm a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are our first casualty in life - people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a 'reality.'"

January 19 
Shawn Johnson ("92) –  "After 13 years of hard landings in gymnastics, one ski run had delivered the biggest injury of my career."

Paula Deen ('47)  "Onions and bacon cooking up just makes your kitchen smell so good. In fact, one day I'm going to come up with a room deodorizer that smells like bacon and onions. It's a fabulous smell."

Dolly Parton ('46) –  "I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it."





No comments:

Post a Comment